Sorry I was MIA this weekend (not that any of you have been waiting around for me...) but I needed some time 'off'. Friday had a bit of good and of course some bad. First bad was, no surprise, the BFN. Then the game was not a good one for the home team. There ended up being a little baby in the seats right behind me but I did my best to block the cooing from the parents and grandparents. I was holding it together pretty well until our friend who went to the game w/us told us one of our friends is pregnant. She's a year older than me and hasn't even been married a year (this is her first and last I knew they weren't going to try) The real kicker is that her DH is kind of a douche bag who carries a knife around in case "someone steps up on him". Fantastic, I can't give my nice sane Hubby a baby but slightly off kilter gets one? (Not that I don't wish her well and all that, blah blah blah)
Hubby looks at me after than and says "need a beer?". I told him that I needed many! I was proud of myself though, managed not to start crying (I knew if I started it would end up like New Year's Eve and I'd have to go home) and just changed the subject and tried to have a good time. Eventually my friend beer and I got to our happy place and we really did have fun.
Saturday was spent in a pre-agreed upon mostly vegetative state on the couch - perfect since it rained all day. Sunday we got some things done around the yard/garden - oh, and AF came.
I should hear from nurse DA today to get my CD3 appt scheduled and I made sure to tell her that I want to meet with the actual RE this time to discuss my AMH results and see where we should go from here....
Thanks to everyone for their birthday and better cycle wishes! Let's hope for sticky, healthy BFPs all around - that's my birthday wish!
Ugh, not a good day to get that news for sure! The day my 2nd IUI failed a girl at work announced her BFP...she and her DH had been married for 2 stinkin months, both drank heavily and smoked. Neither of them quit smoking when she got pregnant either...nice. Anyway, just wanted to say I can relate and it totally sucks {{{HUGS}}}
ReplyDeleteHappy you got a down day on Saturday, so nice to lay around with the rain falling outside! Hope your garden is doing great and your appt with the RE goes well. KUP =)
Thinking of you! Sending positive vibes your way today!
ReplyDeleteOK, first off -- I've had the facts of life theme song stuck in my head since I first saw the title to this post three hours ago...
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for such an only so-so time. It's been said before, but it's just so unfair.
GL with the CD3 tests and getting a plan figured out.
((hugs))
I am so hoping this next cycle is it for you. Good for you for being able to still enjoy some parts of the weekend, especially the beer!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you had to deal with that on your birthday, but it sounds like you did very well & I'm glad that your friend beer could cheer you up! :)
ReplyDeleteGL with your appointment. I hope you come up with a winning plan!
Wishing you the best this upcoming cycle. Hope you are able to have a good conversation with your RE about next steps!!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that you went through some not so fun stuff on your bday but am glad it ended well with some beer & a relaxing weekend.