Thursday, April 8, 2010

I really AM broken...

I was feeling much better today. My rant yesterday helped me get things off my chest and I was feeling a bit of optimism again.

Then I got the call from the RE's office. My AMH is 0.4. That combined with the Antral Follicle Count of three that the RE found the first time she scanned me pretty much leaves my chances at nil.

Here's how one website puts it:

Total number of antral follicles: Less than 4

Expected response to injectable stimulating drugs and chances for IVF success: Extremely low count, very poor (or no) response to stimulation and a cancelled cycle expected. Should consider not attempting IVF at all. Rare pregnancies if IVF attempted.

I can't stop crying.... :(

7 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, Mel! Would it be a good idea to talk to Lara (cats_pjs) as I think she also had a low ovarian reserve and low antral follicle counts. She had success with her last IVF! Just an idea that may help!! I am thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gigantic (((HUGS))) to you, Sweetie. I am sorry about the bad news:( My heart is breaking for seeing you so sad. Could these numbers be just a fluke? you seem to have responded to any stimulation pretty well, so far. I hope there are alternatives and your RE may come up with a plan for you.
    Much love your ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, honey, I'm just so sorry. I really hope that there are some alternatives and these numbers aren't as bad as they sound. I just absolutely hate to see you dealing with this! I just don't even know what to say. I'm sending you all the ((hugs)) and love I have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry. I am 30 and have similar numbers to you. It sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your bad news. Many hugs to you, and many wishes that your RE has an alternative plan for you. Prayers, love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh hun...I am so sorry to read this! HUGE HUGS!!! Go shopping....retail therapy is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mel, I'm sorry! If it gives you any hope I have a low AMH and antral follicle count but produced more high quality follicles (12 total, 11 fertilized and 10 made it to blast - 2 A quality implanted and 4 A&B quality frozen) during my IVF cycle than most girls. The protocol my RE used was the micro lupron flare protocol. There is still hope!

    ReplyDelete