Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Getting Older

When we started this journey I was 34 years old. Old enough by TTC standards but it seems so young now. I'll be 37 on Friday, how did that happen? How am I still doing this? I had no illusions that I was going to get pregnant on the first cycle or even quickly necessarily but I thought by now we'd be in a different place. I originally wanted to have a couple of kids (close together obviously because of my age), now I'd be happy with an only child. As time passes my expectations seem to get lower and lower.

I have no doubt that this cycle is a bust too. Most of my IPS went away after the HCG wore off. I was going to test on Friday but I don't think I can handle the BFN as my birthday present. I'll probably break down and get it over with tomorrow. We have baseball tickets for Friday night and I'd love to have a couple of beers to 'celebrate'.

Sorry this post is such a downer - can you tell I've got the Progesterone Crazies going on??? :)

5 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) Mel. I really get how you're feeling. I didn't think we were starting *that* late when we got started with this but now I just feel SO OLD and like I screwed up. I look at myself in the mirror and I feel like I've aged 10 years in the past 2. I look so tired. I look like my mother when I was in middle school. And, she was an "old" mom because she didn't have me until she was *gasp* 27!!! How your perspective can change.

    Hoping so much that your body will surprise you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya sister. I'm hitting 38 in a few months and trying very hard not to freak out. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have about another year or two of "trying" because of previous complications she doesn't want me to try past 35. I hope that it is just the progesterone talking and you get a surprise when you test.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The numbers are freaking me out, too. All I can do is try to ignore them as much as I can, so it doesn't hurt the process even more.
    Yes, I wish I would have had the chance to start doing this 10 years ago. But I did not. And who is there to blame?
    Chins up, Girl! you are on a good track and I know you are very close to that BFP! and I am here cheering for your 1ww.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giant (((HUGS))) Mel!! I feel the same way, I wanted 2 kids originally, & have resigned myself to the fact that I'll be extremely lucky if I have 1 now.

    I hope you're wrong, & you get a great birthday surprise, & if not, have more than a few beers! Happy birthday girl!!!

    ReplyDelete