Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Sweetest Thing

First, thanks to everyone for the hugs and positive thoughts about my old guy! It was almost like he was holding on just long enough because the sweet part of the bittersweet weekend is that I'M PREGNANT!!

Looks like despite all of my pessimism, IUI #8 was a success. I poas again on Friday (after seeing the lines from the trigger shot at 7, 8, and 9 dpiui) and the line was as dark at 10 dpiui as it was at 7 on the cheapie. I then pulled out the FRER just to verify and there was a faint line there too. I decided to go ahead and go for the last digital but it said the dreaded words, Not Pregnant.

Of course then I had to buy more digitals because 1) I needed to believe the lines were right and 2) that's the only way Hubby would actually believe me. Sure enough, next day it said Pregnant (along with darker lines on the other hpts). Needless to say I've been poas everyday since 10 dpiui (thank you cheapie hpts!) and the good news is they continue to get darker. I'm obviously thrilled and yet terrified at the same time, especially after a bit of spotting on Sunday. I'm trying to look at positives of this time over the last - my BFP was at 10 dpo instead of 13 dpo, my hpts are much darker and my beta at 14dpo is 196 instead of 41.

I know this announcement is going to hit some of my bloggy friends like a ton of bricks and I really do wish that everyone had the same good news. There seem to have been a great number of BFPs in our blogosphere lately and I know that while you're happy for me (or want to be) that one more announcement is going to be painful for you. So, I'm sending you (((HUGS))) and a huge thanks for all of your support (that part goes for everyone!)....

10 comments:

  1. OMG Mel, congratulations!!! For some reason I just knew it yesterday when I read your bitter post and you mentioned something sweet coming soon. I'm so happy for you =) IUI #8, who would have though?!?! Your beta number is great. Sending lots of doubling vibes for beta #2, KUP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omgomgomgomgomgomg!!!!

    Mel!!!!!!

    I was hoping SO much that this was the sweet part you were talking about for the weekend!!! I can't tell you how excited i am for you!!! I've been waiting all day for you to post this and just keeping so much crossed!

    Oh, my skin is just tingling I'm so excited! I want to run out and tell someone "mel is pregnant!!" but they'd look at me like i was a nut!, I might do it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!! Congrats!! This is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really happy for you! What great news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes! Yes! YEEEEEEEEEES!!!
    You did it Girl! I am so very happy for you and DH.
    FIngers crossed for great progression and for a wonderful and happy pregnancy.
    You just made my day:) How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEAHHHHH!!!! I had such a good feeling yesterday that this was going to be the news you were going to share!!! This is awesome!! So happy for you!! That is an awesome beta for 14dpo. Lots of doubling/tripling vibes for your next beta!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Despite the fact that I'm not pg, I'm still incredibly happy for you!!!!! Congrats!!!!! Sending lots of good vibes for an awesome beta #2!!!! (((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--proof that IUIs can actually work! I thought it was a myth :)
    CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS!!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! Happy Anniversary to you too!

    ReplyDelete