You might not want to read this is you're squeamish (it's not TTC related).
Big and Little are big fans of chasing the critters that like to run through our yard (and despite the fact that we live in a city, there are plenty of animals around). Usually however, it's an exercise in futility and they don't actually catch anything. That was not the case yesterday....
There was a young rabbit that has been living around the house. Little chased it out from under the deck and originally caught it. I yelled at her to drop it and she did so it took off. Big was already in a frenzy from watching her sister so she took off after it and caught it too. She however would not drop it no matter how many times I yelled at her and chased her around the swampy yard. I have no doubt I both looked and sounded like a raging nutter! I eventually got her to drop it but it was too late for poor Bugs. :(
It's probably a good thing that I don't have any morning sickness yet because let's just say they didn't just break it's neck - it was pretty gross. I had a really hard time cleaning that up, I was upset and sort of crying and almost broke down and asked the guy next door for help. If he had been in his backyard I would have. I told Hubby it's time for him to get a job in town so I don't have to be dead animal clean up anymore (Big has also snatched three young squirrels right off our huge tree in the past). Hubs of course found the whole thing hilarious when I told him. I'm still not at the point where I find it funny.... Sigh
My big one got himself a gopher once. Not sure how long he had it laying around but he started to smell bad after he'd come in from being outside. and we noticed him rolling around a lot in the back yard and he was real possessive of a certain area. finally my husband goes to see what the deal is and it's a dead gopher. obviously not a fresh kill. I think he had himself a little friend out there for a few days.
ReplyDeleteIck. Very upsetting! Sorry you had to deal with it. I definitely use the "please take care of this my husband" card whenever our cat comes up with some small present for us.
ReplyDeleteI was just lamenting about how much it sucks not to have a yard for the dogs. Thanks for making me thankful I don't currently have a yard. :-) Sorry!
ReplyDelete