For those of you who don't know, Hubby has a job where he leaves on Monday morning to go to NYC and comes home either Thursday night or Friday afternoon - every week.... I also have a job where I have to travel but mine is much more sporadic and I can have a bit more control over whether I travel or do things remotely.
All this means we need to be able to plan out when our treatments are going to happen. Anyone who's been through this knows that any timing you're counting on is going to become a huge cosmic joke! Hubby asked me today when our next set of appointments will be. Umm..., I have no idea.
Here is our set of assumptions:
1.) I get AF tomorrow or Friday...
2.) I get my meds on time (depends on #1)...
3.) I stim for the same number of days as when I took Femara or the Hybrid cycle...
4.) I respond to an injectible cycle as quickly as I did to the Femara or Hybrid cycles...
If all of those things happen (yeah right) then we'll probably do IUI #7 on Sunday, April 11th or Monday, April 12th. That would mean Hubby would only have to leave one day late for work. Unfortunately I can't promise (or even expect) for all of those assumptions to come true so I have to ask him if he can work from home that entire week, and there's still no guarantee it will even happen then. I've blocked my calendar for travel but it's easier for me. Hubby also has a co-worker going through the same thing, hopefully he won't have to stay home that same week!
This sucks - it shouldn't be this hard. Having this month off really made us appreciate not have to go through the exercise of having to arrange our schedules for this whole stupid process. Going through treatments is grueling enough, having to change our whole lives to do it is just ridiculous. Can't we just get a sticky pregnancy already???
On a positive note, look what Hubby sent me yesterday to help me feel better:
Ah Mel, that just stinks! The scheduling is a pain even when you don't travel...I can't imagine how bad it is when one or both of you do. Hopefully it works out the best possible way, GL!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, what a nice DH for those pretty flowers =)
ReplyDeleteThe flowers are gorgeous! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd, yeah, the scheduling is a giant pain already and we don't travel for work. I can't imagine how hard it is for y'all. Having everything so up in the air all the time just makes me feel so stressed. And, irresponsible because I'm constantly having to reschedule things or say "I'm not sure if I can make it" or cancel meetings or classes, etc. I HATE it all.
I really hope the timing works out perfectly for y'all.