Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!!

Today is my mom's birthday! That's right, she's a St. Patty's Day baby. :) Because of this we've developed a tradition (at her request) of me making Corned Beef and Cabbage and having the family over for dinner. So tonight I'll be making dinner for Mom, Dad and my mom's sister. My bro and SIL are working and can't make it so I'm making extra so they come over tomorrow night for leftovers. We've had a problem in the past of not having leftovers (yeah, we love our yearly corned beef) so I'm actually making two corned beefs totally around 5 lbs. If the four of us eat all that tonight.... Well, I don't even want to think about that.

Since O hasn't bothered to show yet (which means our chances are almost nil this month) I'll also be enjoying a nice, cold Smithwick's. Mmmm, Irish beer! Might as well enjoy med free March!!

Can't imagine that anyone cares about my ramblings but it's my blog and I'll ramble if I want to! :) Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

2 comments:

  1. LOL -- random ramblings are the best part of blogging!!

    Sounds like a fun (not to mention yummy) tradition!

    Really making me want a beer right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a nice dinner to celebrate St. Patty's.
    I want a beer, to;)

    ReplyDelete