Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I want to be happy for them...

I've been holding off on posting this because I'm going to come across as a horrible person. I'm hoping anyone reading this will understand because they've been through IF hell as well....

DH told me last weekend that BIL/SIL are pregnant with twins. They went through the same procedure we did last time (hybrid IUI) but for them, it worked. That's the part that makes me the most sad - why them and not us? I'm glad they're pregnant and all (they've been through IF treatments as well, though not as many nor as long) but when is it our turn?

My other SIL is also trying to get pregnant so it's just a matter of time before that news comes my way (I figure all three siblings can't have IF so she'll be quick). We're the oldest and will likely be the last to provide a grandchild, guess we should have started earlier but it just wasn't the right time.... Joke's on us I guess, not like now seems to be the right time either.

So that's my Debbie Downer post for today. I'll try to have something a little more upbeat next time!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mel! I am so sorry about the news! The same happened to me last year with my DH's brother & his wife. We found out they were pg with #2 and we were still trying for #1. I pray that your time is just around the corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel!! First off -- welcome to blogging!!! :) Just saw the link on your post at 6+ this morning. Very glad to see you here. It's great to be able to follow people this way.

    Second -- I'm sorry about the twins. ((hugs)) It's so hard to figure out how to be happy for people who have what we want so much. (And, twins always makes it feel even harder.) And, knowing that they used the same protocol you did and it worked for them but not for you must definitely make it worse. :(

    And, sometimes, even knowing that people have been through IF doesn't help. Especially when it actually seems to work for them and never for us. It makes you feel worse for not feeling happy for them, though. Jealousy is a mean little green thing.

    I really hope your time is coming soon!!

    ReplyDelete