Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Back to the land of the living...

Our house is germy. I seriously need to go buy some Lysol. But we seemed to have turned a corner which is good.

Let me catch you up since I haven't posted in a while. Last Wednesday I flew up to NYC to have a birthday dinner w/Hubby (okay, really it was for work but the timing was great). We had dinner at Basso56 which is close to his apartment and ended up very happy with our experience there! Had to drive into central Jersey on Thursday for a meeting and was back in the city with enough time to get some cupcakes from Magnolia bakery which is across the street from Hubby's building. That was the beginning of the end.

Hubby and I were on the same flight back home which was great but he wasn't feeling good - and he, like most men, doesn't do sick quietly. He ended up being sick all weekend (cold, flu, something like that) then on Sunday morning - it got me too! Yesterday was miserable, I ached all over and those of you who chart stalk me might have noticed the fever induced temp spike yesterday morning. Ugh! I woke up today and couldn't breathe but other than that I feel much better, like I'm back in the land of the living.

On a gardening note, the seeds I started are indoors so they're protected from the elements at the moment. We're hoping to turn the soil in the garden on Friday and will probably start our lettuces, radishes and peas then since they like cooler weather. The tomatoes, broccoli and cauliflower that we started inside are all getting true leaves, so far so good there. My petunias have also started coming up very slowly. Any gardening tips are welcome! :)

On a TTC note nothing too much to report. I am having more creamy CM than normal but I'm not getting too excited about that since my chances are so low this cycle for several reasons. If for some reason AF is late (I should start on Thursday if I have my typical 13 day LP) I'll plan to test on Friday if my temp is still up. Usually I would have totally POAS by now but between my chances and being sick, I haven't felt the urge. Yay for small favors!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! for a great trip. I can hardly wait to get away and have a break soon myself.
    I am sad to hear you both were so sick, but I am glad to hear you started to get better!
    It sounds you have a green thumb! I haven't started anything indoors, and it will take a little while here to warm up for that. But your little seedling-news got me definitely excited about starting!
    FX for nice and high temps and for a Friday test. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear you and your DH were both so sick *blech* Happy you are both feeling much better now though!

    Sounds like you're doing just great with all your gardening endevours. A couple things I've found helpfu...one is weed barrier, after we till we put the barrier down and cut rows to plant the seeds in. The weed barrier keeps grass and weeds from growing in and around our veggies. It saves a lot of weeding time. The other helpful thing has been a digital programmable garden timer that times the water, that way we don't forget it's on or forget to water.

    The creamy CM doesn't sound like a bad thing =) I'm keeping everything crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great trip but SO sorry about getting sick!! Ick.

    The gardening sounds great. That combined with the gorgeous sunny day we've got right now really makes me want to skip work and go home and plant something! :)

    Keeping everything crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete