Wednesday, July 21, 2010

This and That

Let me warn you ahead of time this post is going to be a bunch of random thoughts....

First, why am I posting?  Shouldn't I be in Seattle???  Yeah, not so much I guess.  Due to a huge storm that came through the area right at the time of my flight yesterday I'm still at home.  The airline told me they couldn't get me to Seattle until tonight but my meeting was supposed to be at 10:30 am PDT so that wouldn't really work out so well for me.  Got to love summer in the Midwest.  But I'm not going to lie, I'm not terribly upset to be home....  I've been traveling a lot the past couple of months.

In gardening news we've got a jungle going on thanks to the heat, humidity and storms.  Also perhaps because the plants looked so small when we planted them that we MIGHT have put them a bit close together....  The cucumbers have taken over the 15' netting completely and are wrapping their 'tentacles' around the tomato plants.  We picked first cucumber on Monday and I picked three tomatoes this morning (two pear tomatoes and one small heirloom).  We have a couple of grape tomatoes and a couple more pear tomatoes that should ripen by then end of the week.  We're going to make a cucumber and tomato salad with greek dressing and some (pasteurized) feta with our bounty this weekend!  Yum, I can't wait.

Hubby's 20th (ugh) reunion is this weekend.  They have stuff scheduled for Friday, Saturday and Sunday but I think I'm getting out of most of it.  Friday night is at a complete dive pool bar so Hubs is going with the guys.  Saturday night is the bigger event but we have Paul McCartney tickets (YAY!) so we'll probably just go afterward.  I think there's a picnic or something on Sunday but I think Hubby will be over the whole thing by then so we're not planning on going. 

That's all the random nonsense I have for now!

2 comments:

  1. I read this wrong and thought it was your husbands 20th birthday, I was thinking WOW!!
    My high school forgets to have reunions so then someone throws one together and includes like 4 graduating years. I have and had no desire to go to any reunion. Facebook is enough of a reunion for me.

    whatwouldjendo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum for the salad. That is my all time favorite salad. Yum.

    Ick for the reunion. I'm so not a fan of those...

    But awesome yay for the Paul McCartney tickets!!! I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete