Thursday, July 22, 2010

First Trimester Screening Results

The peri's office called yesterday afternoon with the results from the bloodwork portion (integrated with the u/s results) of my First Trimester Screening.  The risk for Down's Syndrome for my age (according to the peri's office) is 1:164, my risk after the integrated results is 1:3261.  My age risk for Trisomies 13 &18 is 1:302, my 'personal' risk is 1:6021.  (For those of you who know and care about the actual numbers both my PAPP-A and my HCG were 0.72 MoM.)

I'm so thrilled and relieved by these risk numbers!  I feel like a huge weight as been lifted from my shoulders.  We're opting not to do an amnio based on this so I'm happy about that as well.  It means we won't know for sure  if there are any chromosomal issues but as of right now I'm okay with that.  We'll still have more screening later in the 2T but it's also non-invasive and hopefully a great way to check out the little one again.  I feel sort of like Lara with her checklist right now, not quite ready to do cartwheels but pretty darn happy!  : ) 

8 comments:

  1. i'm so glad to hear your numbers, thanks for breaking it down like that. otherwise i'd have no idea what you're talking about.

    whatwouldjendo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Mel - great news! Those are incredible numbers. I remember, even with my history of chromo losses, I felt 95% confident after a good 1T screen. I still did an amnio because of my history but the combo of the 1T and 2T screen had me feeling 100% great, even without the amnio.

    And every IF veteran has that checklist, mentally, I'm just the only dork who prints it on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that the results came back good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, awesome yayayayayay!!! Such great new, Mel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome that you have good news!!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say it's cartwheel time girl, congratulations!!! Next milestone is finding out what team your on =) Are you finding out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for super good results!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great results!!! I am so happy for you!!! Definitely results to do a few cartwheels over!!! WOO HOO!!

    ReplyDelete