We went in this morning for our First Trimester Screening which consists of an ultrasound and some blood work (in case you don't know the particulars). The blood work just consisted of a finger prick which I think hurts worse than an actual blood draw. My finger is all raw and bruised.... I know, poor me!
The results of the u/s were good so I'm very relieved about that part. NT measured 1.7mm which is below average and 'normal' according to the doctor doing the u/s. He was also able to see a nasal bone, something else some docs look for as a soft maker for Down's, etc. He also showed us the baby's brain and all four chambers of the heart. It just amazed me to see how much they could distinguish with such a small fetus! Heartbeat was 152 bpm.
I should get my blood work results back in a week. Despite a good u/s there's still a chance I'll have a higher than normal risk of T21, T18 & T13 based on my levels so we're not out of the woods yet. I was however very happy to hear the u/s results!
Fortunately Hubby was able to stay home today (rather than flying out like a typical Monday morning) to go with me so he got to see everything as well as hear what the genetic counselor had to say. If all is well with my screening results I think we've decided to forgo the amnio. Things could always change but that's where we are now.
I'm off to Seattle for a couple of days starting tomorrow so I'll be out of touch but will certainly let you know when I hear the screening results! Thanks for 'listening'!!
Congratulations on a perfect NT scan!!! I'm sure the b/w will look good too =) Have a safe trip to Seattle.
ReplyDeleteOh what great news!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy to hear that your NT scan went well. Lots of fingers crossed for perfect b/w - I am sure it will be. Hope your trip to Seattle goes well.
ReplyDeleteYay for the great u/s!!!!! I know you were worried about that and I'm so glad things are looking good!! Wishing you luck with the rest as well.
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome news!!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you.
ReplyDeleteI am so happy you had such a great appointment. Yay! for your hubby being able to join you. Awwww)))
ReplyDeleteGlad everything went well! Fingers crossed for some great blood work!
ReplyDeleteGreat news, Mel!! I'm sure the bw will be great too! Have fun on Seattle!
ReplyDelete