Monday, July 12, 2010

12 Week Appointment

Everything checked out fine at today's OB appointment.  Baby is now measuring a week ahead and the OB spent a bit more time on the ultrasound than the NP did a couple of weeks ago so I got to see the heartbeat and she pointed out more of the body and face.  It was my first 'external' u/s so that was a bit strange, almost felt like a 'normal' pregnant person.  : )   She also listened to the heartbeat with the doppler for the first time too but I don't know what the measurement was. 

I still have this feeling that I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I'm really hoping things will look good at the NT scan next Monday and I can feel a little more relaxed.  I'm kind of terrified something is going to be wrong, I'm not exactly a spring chicken after all....

In other news, Hubby and I booked a trip to the Bahamas for next month.  Yay babymoon!!  We've never been to the Bahamas before (though we have spent a lot of time on various islands all over the Caribbean) but we can get there fairly easily and pretty quickly given we're coming from the Midwest.  Hubs has tons of airline miles so we're doing it right and booked first class using miles.  Since we're saving money there, he wants to stay at Atlantis resort.  I'm not  completely convinced of that yet, we're usually not huge resort type people but he's excited there's so much to do.  He kind of needs to be entertained where I can just sit by the beach/pool with a book....  : )  We shall see!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats!! My RE told me that almost any unhealthy fetus would make itself known by 10 weeks, so the fact that things look great at the 12 weeks appt is a great sign. Though I totally understand the protective instinct of not letting yourself totally relax until the NT screen. Even me, Miss Basketcase America felt much, much more confident after a good NT screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooo hooo for a good ultrasound AND that vacation to the Bahamas. That sounds DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! for a great 12 wks appointment.
    Fingers crossed for Monday! I understand it is hard to let go after all you had to go through to get this point, but hope the time comes soon when you can truly relax!
    Bahamas? really??? I am soooooo envious! LOL that will be an amazing vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost booked a trip to Atlantis for this summer. It looks AMAZING. I think it worth every penny, you should totally do it.

    Yay for a great 12 week appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your vacation sounds great, and much needed.
    if you have never flown first class before, you will love it, we try to upgrade the day of our flight to first class as often as possible

    (whatwouldjendo)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippy for a good 12 week appt! Your entering the lovely 2T, hope it's as nice to you as it was to me. I know how hard it is not to wait for the other shoe to drop but hopefully you're right and the NT scan will be the last hurdle in leading you to a more relaxed place.

    Your babymoon sounds fantastic =) The Atlantis resport is really impressive with lots to do. I'm not usually a resort person either but if I made an exception this would be one place to do it. Let your DH spoil you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome news!!! And, I'm sending all the good thoughts I have for the NT appointment.

    Yay for the vacation. Sounds wonderful. I'm with you -- who needs activity when you can just sit in the shade and read?! My DH has to have things to do. All the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's wonderful about the great OB appointment! And the vacation sounds fabulous! I've looked at Atlantis - it looks heavenly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for a fantastic appointment! We stayed at Atlantis last year & it was one of the best vacations of my life! I'm sooo jealous! Have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete