Friday, July 23, 2010

I'm an Aunt!

Those of you who have been following me for a while might remember that Hubby's brother and sister-in-law were pregnant with twins.  The babies were originally due in September so they came really early, between 30-32 weeks depending on who's telling it. 

My two nieces (no one knew the genders until birth, not even Mom & Dad) were born yesterday afternoon.  They are 3 lbs, 1 oz and 3 lbs, 7 oz (and they have great names which I'm not sharing with you all to respect their privacy).  My SIL developed pre-eclampsia and was admitted into the hospital early this week.  She then ended up developing HELLP syndrome (her liver was basically shutting down) so they decided to take the babies out early.  The girls are both doing very well considering how early they are, both are breathing without intubation but they'll still probably be in the NICU for several weeks at least. 

Big news for the whole family!  : )

7 comments:

  1. Very exciting! I hope your SIL and her two little girls are ok, and come home from the hospital very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Auntie!
    I'm so sorry about the HELLP syndrome, that is very very scary indeed. No more pregnancies for her.
    I hope the twins do very well and that their NICU time is short...I'm dying to know their names because I love hearing interesting girl names :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a tease! I love knowing baby names, it's one of my greatest joys in life

    congrats on the new babies in the family, how exciting to have twins!

    whatwouldjendo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on becoming an Aunt!! I am glad they are doing so well after being delivered early. Hope your SIL is doing well and that the babies are out of the NICU soon. I look forward to hearing their names!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on becoming an aunt! It is the greatest thing in the world. All the spoiling, all the affection and none of the discipline! Praying that mom and the babies are ok and ready to go home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! Happy the babies are doing well =) Is your SIL feeling better?

    ReplyDelete