Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lazy Blogger

Sorry to those who care enough to follow me, I've been a lazy blogger as of late.  Sure, I could use the excuse that I was at the lake for the weekend of the Fourth then left town again for work on Tuesday and didn't get back until Thursday but the truth is I just don't have much to say right now....

I can share with you on idiotic travel story though, sure to impress you.  I decided to check my bag on my return trip on Thursday.  I didn't feel like lugging it through DFW or hauling it up into the overhead bin on two planes so I decided to just check it.  I have status with the airline and don't have to pay for it anyway so why not make it easier on myself, right?  Well, my bag didn't make it on the plane from DFW (along with about 20 other people's bags).  No big deal, right - they'll just deliver it to my house when it gets in.  Well, dumbass Mel had left her car/house keys in the bag.  (I always put them in the outside pocket when I carry my bag on because I put my purse inside the bag and it's the easiest way to find them when I get back home.)  So I'm stuck at the airport with no way to get home, no way to pick up the dogs and no way to get into my house if I do get home....  Cue extreme pregnancy hormone related breakdown!  I got really lucky though, my bag ended up on the next flight which got in an hour later so I just hung out at the airport for an extra hour and worked/read my book.  If it wasn't on that flight I would have been pretty much screwed so I'm at least thankful for small favors.  Moral of the story - make sure you have your keys with you at all times....

Pregnancy 'update':
Not too much to tell right now.  I thought I was getting over the 1T nausea, had some good days over the weekend, but I've pretty much thrown up every mornng so far this week.  Apparently brushing my teeth somehow offends the little one who responds by making me get sick.  Thought I'd at least be able to wait until they have teeth to have the tooth brushing argument with them but what can you do?  I have my next OB appointment, this time with the acutal OB, on Monday afternoon.  I'm really looking forward to making sure everything is all right since I've been feeling very paranoid lately (okay for the entire duration of this pregnancy...).  They also schedule my NT scan for the next Monday.  I'm going to have to see if either DH can fly back to work Monday afternoon instead of morning like usual or see if they can move me to next Friday.  I'd really like him to be there, especially since the last u/s he saw was at 7w3d.  Still can't fit into all but a couple pair of capri pants and fortunately one pair of work pants since I needed them on my trip but I still don't want to hit up the maternity shops just yet.  I'm also planning to buy a doppler if all is well at Monday's appointment so if any of you have recommendations I'd love to hear them. 

Guess that's all for now.  That ended up being a lot of rambling for nothing to say!  : )

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see an update! Hope your appointment on Monday goes great! Can't it to hear more updates on your little one. Sorry s/he is making you so sick though...

    I can imagine that was reqlly frustrating about the keys! Sounds like something i would have done... Glad it worked out, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an irrational fear of losing my keys. I tend to check and re-check for them many, many times. Sigh. So your story gave me a jolt!

    Thanks for updating, and best of luck at the next appointment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your travel troubles, happy your luggage was on the next plane!

    A friend of mine had the same issue with tooth paste while she was pregnant. She was able to tolerate tooth gel though.

    Look forward to hearing about your OB appt and NT scan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great to hear from you. I am sorry the toothpaste is not treating you well. I look forward to hearing about your upcoming appts.

    I have a Sonoline b doppler that I bought from amazon. Lara recommended it. I believe she has a post about it as well. It works well and has a digital screen with the heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete