Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hooray for Holiday Weekends

Hope everyone had a nice long weekend! We had awesome weather at the lake and the girls had a great time swimming - they spent as much time in the water as they could. Both Big and Little are still exhausted! Hubs and I headed down on Friday night, my aunt came down Saturday morning and to our surprise my Bro and Sis-in-Law came down on Sunday so we ended up having the whole family there. It was great!! I didn't have too much trouble hiding the not drinking which came as a surprise since typically at the lake six o'clock means happy hour on the deck. My aunt did ask if I've given up coffee while we were all at breakfast but I think my story was plausible enough.

Time seems to be moving along better than I thought during the wait for my u/s. I'm sure being away for the long weekend helped. I also have a business trip tomorrow, coming home Thursday so that should help distract me as well.... I still can't seem to visualize getting good news on Friday for some reason. All I can picture is the 'things aren't progressing the way we'd hoped' speech (probably because that's all I've heard). Even despite the bit of nausea I had this morning which should be a positive sign. So basically I've still got a bit of the crazies but hopefully not for too much longer! :)

As for my garden, it seems to be doing really well! I have peas in my pea pods now and several of my tomato plants are getting ready to blossom. Yay! I can't wait to get more veggies out of my garden, especially tomatoes!

6 comments:

  1. OK, so I'm going to visualize positive things for you for your appointment on Friday. I'm thinking them now. Can you hear them? :) I hope the business trip keeps you distracted from thinking about it all.

    And, yay for the family weekend and veggies!! Now I really want some veggies. I think I need to stop at the store on the way home...

    (The wv was "grolia." I'm picturing that as a positive thought for you... "grow lia!" Lia being the baby? Um, OK, it's a bit of a stretch, I admit...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that hooray for holiday weekends!

    Things will be great on Friday. Every woman who goes through IF is terrified of that first u/s, like she'll find out that she made the whole thing up in her mind. But I bet come Friday, things will look just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear you had a nice weekend and were able to go undiscovered =) I know it's so hard to let go of all that TTC anxiety, can't wait to hear about your u/s!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to hear that you had a great weekend! I am excited for your u/s this week! I have such a good feeling for you!!

    Your veggies sound really yummy!! The farm market in our town opened up recently and we have started to enjoy more fresh veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you had a great weekend! I can't wait for your u/s & I visualize only good things for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally understand the nervousness about the u/s, but it's going to go great! You're going to hear all about how that little one is growing like crazy in there! Try to think positive thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete