Wednesday, June 30, 2010

First OB Appointment

Yesterday, right at the 10 week mark, was my first appointment at my OB's office. They do the first visit with Nurse Practitioner rather than the OB (who has been my GYN since I moved here six+ years ago), but that was fine because she's GREAT! I was surprised that she actually did an u/s and said they like to do one at every visit until around 20 weeks when the screen real estate runs out. The LO (I have got to come up with a nickname at some point...) is measuring three days ahead at 10w3d so that's good. She said she saw him/her wiggling around but I missed it because it was a super quick u/s. I also ended up getting a Pap since my insurance has changed since my last one in November so I'm still spotting a bit, ugh.

They'll schedule my NT scan as soon as they get some results back from yesterday's samples and the NP had me schedule my next appointment with the OB in two weeks instead of a month so I could have another chance to see if everything is okay. She also said to call anytime I'm not feeling right to get a 'baby fix' (u/s) whenever I need it. So sweet! She just kept saying congrats and how happy she is for us. (We actually started our IF treatments in their office and did three IUIs there and they helped me through my m/c so they know a lot of what I've been through.)

I've still got the nausea going on and have thrown up a couple more times. I'm also down to about one pair of pants, unless you count my 'around the house' stretchy pants. I did get some Bella Bands last week and those help but I'm not sure they're the most comfortable option. I'm still too paranoid to go maternity clothes shopping but I might have to go get some big girl pants so I can be seen in public.

We're heading down to my parents' house at the lake on Friday for the 4th so I have to hide this pregnancy through another long weekend. We've decided to wait until after the NT scan results come in to tell anyone. Plus there's a full house at the lake this weekend and we'd rather just share the news with Mom and Dad alone. They don't even know we've been trying so it will come as a huge shock to them, they've given up on grandkids....

Wow, that's a lot of rambling. Thanks for sticking with if you were able!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, your OB's office sounds awesome! 2 week appts so early and an u/s every time until 20 weeks, or just when you need a fix?? You lucky duck! ;)

    Good luck hiding for the weekend! I have to recommend these simple, cotton skirts they have at Old Navy - non maternity - as a great, comfy growing option! I've worn them since week 10 or so and they still feel great!

    http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=55402&vid=1&pid=730581&scid=730581022

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I have been noticing lately is that with us 'infertiles' the OB's give waaaay more ultrasounds. they must know how paranoid we are.

    go get yourself some stretchy pants!!!

    (whatwouldjendo)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Mel, you are so lucky to have an OB who will let you have a baby fix anytime you need one! Sorry the m/s is sticking around...hopefully it'll be gone here soon. One word of advice, know that the first round of maternity clothes you get won't be the only ones. I had to go shopping in 3T for a whole nother round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your OB's office really does sound so wonderful.

    Have a nice time this weekend and good luck with the clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be praying for you and sending you good vibes!!!

    ReplyDelete