First let's just get to what you really want to know - WE HAVE A HEARTBEAT!!
Now for the longer version for those who care. :) I don't know about your RE's office but at mine there is an u/s room in the middle of two patient rooms with sliding doors opening into the ultrasound room. This allows them to be scanning one patient who had been in the left room while the one on the right is disrobing. So while waiting to go to the u/s room we could hear the consultation going on with the patient in there. Dr. Dbag is a LOUD talker. She was at 6w and he went through the same spiel with her that he did with me, right down to the 'I've seen other abnormal pg go on....' speech. Hubs and I were just looking at each other thinking - poor girl! If I had had pants on I would have run out there to tell her he did the same thing to me and give her a hug. (Hubs figured he has diarrhea of the mouth and tries to fill the space when he's nervous or has not so great news.)
So we finally get in for our scan and he immediately finds the heartbeat, flashing away. The difference this week is that we could actually hear it where we could no last week, despite trying (which is when he started backtracking on all his prior excitement). The heartbeat measured 150 bpm - yay! Baby also measured right at 7w3d which is exactly where I am - yay again! Dr. Douchebag was all nice and chatty with us after the good news. He's obviously much better with good news.... I'll try to scan in the u/s pic and post it soon!
I have the option of doing one more u/s with the RE's office (hopefully this time with my RE) or being released to the OB. I'm leaning toward one more visit to the RE because I know I'm going to go into u/s withdrawal once at the OB's (though she did go through IVF w/my RE's office so she's likely to understand the IF crazies).
Unfortunately I have Jury Duty on Monday so I'll have to wait and see if I get seated before scheduling anything for next week. Think they'll let me off the hook for having to pee every 15 minutes? :) Ordinarily I don't think I'd mind serving all that much but between the queasies and the peeing I don't think I'd make an ideal jury member at the moment.
Speaking of queasies, can I just give a big hooray to the makers of Pop Ice? You know those popsicle things in a plastic sleeve? Seriously, when I read someone say it helped them I thought it was ridiculous but I passed them in the grocery store when I wasn't feeling too good and figured it was worth a shot - they're awesome! I feel so much better after one of those!! Don't know why, it could be all in my mind but it doesn't matter if it makes me feel better....
Thank you to everyone for all of your positive thoughts and comments on my last couple of posts, it really helped me feel better about things. I'll do my best to echo your positivity!! :)
WOO HOO!!!!!! I am sorry the Dr put you through the past week and did the same to the other couple -- but am so glad that you saw/heard a beautiful heartbeat today! I am so incredibly excited for you and can not wait for more updates! YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!
ReplyDelete***YIPPY*** Fantastic news, congratulations!!! I think that you getting one more u/s at the RE is probably a good idea. At the OB you'll likely get 1 at 20wks and that's it =(
ReplyDeleteYayayayayay!! And seriously, that guy is an ass.
ReplyDeleteIm definitely going through u/s withdrawal. I've got a week and a half until the NT scan and its killing me. I just want to know whats going on in there!!!
yes do one more US at the RE, you never know when your OB will do one
ReplyDeleteso happy the heartbeat was so strong
SO happy the heartbeat was heard and the baby was measuring on target. What an awesome way to start the weekend. Oh and yes, do another ultrasound!
ReplyDeleteYay, I knew it! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteTurn down a freebie u/s?? Are you nuts, girl? LOL. Definitely go for it! My OB doesn't even do u/s unless there's a problem (the screening u/s are done at another facility) so once I left the RE, it would've been cold turkey!
Hooray!! So happy you got GREAT news!!
ReplyDeleteyay for a fantastic heartbeat!!!! :) I'm so happy for you & am looking forward to more updates & happy news!
ReplyDeleteThis is great news, I am thrilled for you!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have the male version of my old doctor (I say old because I switched). I was told at my 6w3d ultrasound that my baby's heart rate was on the "low end of normal". Well, thanks to reading blogs, and Dr. Google, I found out that 136 bpm at that stage is perfectly normal. Which is what the ultrasound tech said.... Don't let them get to you! Hugs! I'm so happy I found your journey.
ReplyDelete