Monday, August 2, 2010

Can Humidity Kill You?

It is so freakin' miserable here it's not even funny.  Today it hit 100 degrees with a heat index of 110.  That  equates to humiditiy somewhere around 1000% (but don't quote me on that).  This summer has either been ass-hot or ass-hot and raining.  I don't do well in the heat as I tend to get heat headaches so I'm just trying my best to stay inside when it gets like this.  Also trying to drink lots of water but I can never seem to get quite enough.  I think Mother Nature is punishing all of the political candidates for all of the heinous attack ads we've been forced to endure all summer.... 

One good thing about the weather is that my tomatoes and cucumbers are going CRAZY!!  I pretty much have to pick from my grape and pear tomatoes every day and pick cucumbers once or twice a week.  Not too shabby for my first 'official' garden. 

I also realized I never really updated after last weekend.  The Paul McCartney concert was fantastic!!  He played for almost three hours and totally rocked!  We were able to go to Hubby's reunion after that, though we were at least an hour later than we though we'd be due to the length of the concert - totally worth it, especially to me.  We got to see quite a few people that we hadn't seen since the last reunion but for the most part the ones still lingering were the ones we still hang out with so it wasn't too exciting. 

I'm attempting a re-do of my trip to Seattle this week, hopefully this one will be a go because I'm kind of over the whole travel thing (until vacation of course) after all of the travel I've done the last couple of months.  So, if I'm not able to comment for a couple of days later this week you'll know why....  I'm guessing it should at least be cooler up in the Pacific Northwest so that's another reason I hope I make it!  Wish me luck....  : )

6 comments:

  1. 1000% humidity. I for one believe you. Glad you had such a great time at the concert, how lucky he played for THREE hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The answer you are looking for is yes! Hubby came home and dragged me out to walk in 107 degree weather. It was a new record high set today beating out 106 from 1970. I'm pretty sure I am currently half dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so very hot! Eep!

    The concert sounds so awesome!

    Hope the traveling goes well. And, I really hope that it is cooler in Seattle. At least it cools down at night up there. As opposed to the Midwest neverending humidity...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Humidity is the worst! It hates my hair..which often has me resembling Monica from Friends in barbados!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the same weather. It's been more humid this summer than ever before, and this week we are all in the 100s. UGH.
    Glad you had fun at the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh - I hate the humidity - it's the worst!!! You in Houston? Sounds exactly like where I am...

    ReplyDelete