Hi all! We're back from the Bahamas and back to the daily grind. Vacation was great, we spent a lot of time relaxing and catching up on sleep (especially Hubs since he was beat down from work the last couple of weeks). I got a bit of color but managed not to scald myself for the most part. It was really hot w/o much of a breeze so we spent more time in the pool than lounging in the chairs. If I didn't mention it before, we decided to stay at the Sheraton after a particularly distasteful call with the folks at Atlantis - Rude! The hotel was perfect for us, lots of pool space, nice beach, several places to eat, clean rooms, nice people who worked there. Overall I'd recommend it. It's certainly not as fancy as Atlantis but still nice.
We had several good meals while we were there too. One was at one of the fanciest places at Atlantis, Cafe Martinique. We had gone to gamble (the one place the Sheraton was lacking was their casino - it was not only a bit pathetic but it smelled so disgustingly musty even Hubs was turned off by it) and just figured we'd eat there too but we didn't know what we wanted. The pit boss listed off a bunch of places but mentioned that Cafe Martinique was a must try. I didn't figure they'd let us in since Hubby was in shorts even though he had a nice shirt on but it was sort of late (and late in the season) and I was dressed up so they ushered us right in. We had a couple of great fish dishes there and the chocolate souffle was awesome!
Later in the week we walked down to an Italian place called Capriccio which was maybe a mile or so from our hotel. It might be one my new favorite Italian places, including some in NYC. We started with a Caprese salad which had obviously fresh mozzerella, delicious. Then I had the Penne with Mushrooms in Pink Sauce - one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth. We couldn't believe how good it was, who expects great Italian food in the Bahamas?? We also took some Tiramisu to go but it wasn't the best. Probably should have just snacked on more pasta. : )
Enough food talk, can you tell it's dinner time? We ended up deciding to fly home a day early. We were both ready to be home and to pick up the girls from the kennel. Unfortunately the trip home was a bit of a disaster, we were delayed both in Nassau and in Atlanta but we finally made it home around 2 am or so. We picked the girls up the next morning and they were so excited to see us. I think it's the longest Little has ever stayed at 'camp'. Guess she was either bored or feisty because she pulled all of the stuffing out of their (HUGE) bed overnight one night. Apparently the woman who doing the overnight shift took a picture with her phone because she couldn't believe how much destruction one dog could cause. We thought it was hysterical, we could definitely believe she's destructive! : )
I think that's it for the rambling. Vacation was great but it's always good to be back home w/the pups!
Welcome home!!! Isn't the best part about coming home from vacation seeing how excited the pups are about you??? Love that part!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had a good time . your pup was showing you exactly what she thought of you leaving her there at camp!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to hear you had a wonderful vacation!! And I am sure it is nice to come home to the unconditional love of your dogs!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds so lovely...except for the return flight.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had a great time! :) I LOVED the bahamas!
ReplyDeleteYou're making me hungry! Glad y'all had a great time.
ReplyDeleteDid she send you the pics? It sounds too cute!
Happy you had a great time! You're a girl after my own heart to give us a run down on the yummy food =) Sounds like you're girs were very happy to see you. Welcome home =)
ReplyDeleteThat food sounds amazing! I've never had chocolate souffle...that seems weird all of a sudden...must try some :)
ReplyDelete