I managed to choke down the fruit punch syrup and hold it down without throwing up yesterday. Some of that might have something to do with the nausea and Zantac prescriptions the doctor called in for me but some of it was just sheer force of will - I was not going to drink that stuff again. Fortunately I also do not have to go on the gestational diabetes diet - yay food! I got an automated call from my OB's office about an hour ago telling me my test results were available online for me to check. I figured at that point I must be in pretty good shape or I would have heard from the nurse instead.... That's the way their office (and most doctors' offices I'd guess) operates.
I've included my results below for any of you who are curious, whether it's now or later (I know I went back and looked at Lara's old blog posts for reference - thanks for sharing the details, Lara!). After seeing the details I'm wondering if my low fasting result might be why I'm still sick a lot of mornings. Bad reaction to having low blood sugar perhaps?
Report Result Ref. Range Units
GLUCOSE - FASTING 67 65-95 MG/DL
GLUCOSE - 1 HOUR 129 65-180 MG/DL
GLUCOSE - 2 HOUR 124 65-155 MG/DL
GLUCOSE - 3 HOUR 104 65-140 MG/DL
Thanks for all your advice and good wishes for the test! Logically I didn't think I probably had gestational diabetes but it didn't stop me from being nervous - both about taking the test and actually having GD.... Guess it's time for some Halloween candy to celebrate!! : )
Oh yay - congratulations on passing the test!!! Enjoy that candy!
ReplyDeleteYeah for passing your 3 hour GD test! WOO HOO! I am glad that they gave you some meds to help keep the not so yummy drink down! Hope you enjoy celebrating with some Holloween Candy! Please have a few pieces for me as I still have 5 pounds to lose and am trying to be good! Thinking of you = )
ReplyDeleteWoo-hooo! Enjoy that Halloween candy =)
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't be surprised if the low blood sugar is a source of m/s. Some swear by having a saltine or two before even getting out of bed. Might be worth a shot. GL!
Glad you are GD free!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo for being GD free!
ReplyDeleteGlad to be of help, Mel ;). And yay for passing! I knew you would and it's so awesome to have one less thing about which to worry. And I bet you're spot on with your theory about the fasting level and m/s. Definitely try the saltines before getting up!!
ReplyDeletecongrats on passing the test!! I hope you're having a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the textbook-perfect GD test! you are getting sooooooo close:) Yay!
ReplyDelete