Thursday, November 18, 2010

30 Weeks!

Since I've been doing one of these after every doctor visit, and I'm now at every two weeks, these might be a bit more frequent....

How far along?: 30w2d


Weight?: I lost a pound at today's appointment (so down about 3 from my pre-pregnancy weight) which just adds to my stress that baby girl isn't growing like she should.  My fundal measurment was 31.5 so my uterus is actually measuring a bit big so they're still not worried.  The NP did suggest I add about 400 calories a day though just as a precaution.
Maternity Clothes?: Same as before, I can still wear some of my regular loose, yoga-type pants, longer tees, and pajamas if the pants can stay below the belly but other than that I'm in all maternity clothes.  I really have to get some new bras though because since my uterus is so high they're really tight and uncomfortable around the band area.
Stretch Marks?: Not yet, I could pretend it's because of the Vitamin E oil I use after my showers but in reality I know it's because I'm not really growing 'out'.
Sleep?: My hips still hurt if I sleep on one side too long and last night my back was a mess.  Overall it's not too bad though.

Best Moment of the Week?: She turned so she's head down now.  We also have our childbirth class on Saturday so I'm hoping that will be a good moment for us to share.

Movement?:  Even before the NP told me she's turned I could tell because I'm now getting kicked in the ribs instead of the side.

Food Cravings?: Still craving sweets but I'm also quite the meat lover at times, beef mainly....

Gender?: I'm assuming she's still a girl. : )

What I Miss?: Being able to breathe easily, my lungs are a bit squished at the moment.

What I'm Looking Forward To: My In-laws are painting the nursery starting tomorrow and when they're done we can move the furniture in!

Weekly Wisdom: I need to hydrate myself better.
Milestones:  Passing my GD test and getting the nursery started.

How's Daddy?:  He's still pretty great about things but he doesn't seem to want to feel the baby that much which I find a bit weird.  When I offer there's usually something else he's doing that takes priority.
Emotions: I'm still tearing up pretty easily.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going well. :) Hope the weight thing doesn't stress you out too much -- if the NP is good with it, it seems all is fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on 30 weeks. So happy everything is going well. I look foward to hearing more frequent updates. Will you have any future ultrasounds to see your baby girl? Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 30 weeks! Getting so close!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 30 weeks is a great milestone, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 30 WEEKS? is it just me or is this pregnancy flying by?

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK I can think of a few fun ways to add 400 calories per day!!!
    Glad things are going so well :)

    ReplyDelete