Thursday, October 28, 2010

So Unprepared....

That's how I feel right now, completely and totally unprepared for this little one to arrive.  I think for so long we were too paranoid to really plan anything, and definitely too scared to buy anything.  Now I'm just days away from the 3T (or in it according to one place I read) and we've just started really planning for her arrival.  The visit to the nieces really helped light a fire under our butts so I'm really glad we went.  Who knows how long we would have procrastinated if we hadn't gone.

Since the trip we finally took that dreaded sojourn to BRU and registered (well, I did a lot online then we went and 'finished' up in the store).  While there we picked up a few onesies too, just so we'd have something actually in our possession to make it feel more real.  Since then, about a week or so later, the bedding we picked out came up as 20% off so I bought that as well.  We've also registered for our childbirth class.  So that's what we've accomplished so far....

What is left to do takes up an entire page in my notebook.  Not in one of those little wimpy notebooks either, I'm talking full on legal sized paper.  We still haven't hired a contractor to re-do the bathroom (though that's not entirely our fault but I'm not going to distract myself with that story now), haven't ordered furniture, painted the nursery, on and on - you get the picture.  I'm trying not to freak out.  For a long time I was very zen about the whole thing but as the big day gets closer and closer I'm starting to feel a bit of panic.  I keep telling myself that it will all get done and that babies don't need that much (from a material standpoint) at first but I still feel behind.  Can anyone tell me when that whole nesting instinct is supposed to kick in?  I think I might be missing that gene.... 

I thought I was going to avoid the whole shower thing but Hubs' step-mom isn't going to let me be that lucky so we're having a shower on December 4th.  It's the same day as the Big 12 Conference Football Championship game so we'll be keeping it pretty casual and will plan to watch the game afterward.  (Go Tigers, hope they can stay undefeated and finally win the big game!)  Maybe the shower will actually help us get things moving and feel more prepared.  That's what I'm going with anyway....

Some friends asked Hubs over the weekend if he had any pictures of me pregnant (he was away at a football game, I stayed home) and we realized that we don't have one.  I was going to ask him to start taking belly shots when I felt like I looked pregnant but that's really just happened recently.  Until then I just felt chubby, and still do for the most part, but I'm finally starting to look a bit more pregnant.  So, one of our goals is to get a picture taken soon.  Once we do I'll post it so you know I'm not making this whole thing up!  : )

That's enough rambling and venting for now!

4 comments:

  1. ((Hugs)) I would feel the same way. You have lots going on. Hang in there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a lot of things to do -- but you've got some time, still. Don't beat yourself up about it. And, actually, I think this IS your nesting instinct starting to kick in.

    Can't wait to see a belly shot!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That whole 3T feeling sneaks up on most of us I think. The important thing is you're starting =) One thing you might want to do sooner rather than later is order the furniture. I hear it can take 2-3 months to come in. We got ours from a friend so didn't do that. It sounds like you've done quite a bit so far though so give yourself props for that =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No panicking allowed! Just enjoy...you'll get it all done :) And should definitely take pics of yourself pregnant!

    ReplyDelete