I got back in town last night from my trip to DC and NYC and as much fun as we had it's so great to be home! I left on Friday around noon and was in DC with the family until Sunday morning then flew up to NYC and stayed at the Hubs' apartment until I flew home yesterday.
First thing I want to say is that I just fell in love with our new nieces, they are the sweetest things ever!! It was so great to meet them and spend a couple of days getting to know them and it was especially great to get a little baby practice. Both Hubs and I said that it made the actual baby part seesm much more real and made us so excited for her to get here (but not for a couple more months of course). Up until now the idea of a baby has been a bit nebulous. We've been taking things in much smaller steps: first to actually get pregnant, then to stay pregnant, then to get past the screenings, etc. but we haven't really let ourselves think about her as a baby. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else but we seem to be on the same page there so I guess I'm not totally alone in it.... Anyway, getting to spend time with the twins made us so excited to get to meet our own little one. It's something I could not have done if I wasn't pregnant (those of you who have are much stronger than me!), at least not without trying to take one of them home.
On to something I haven't mentioned yet in my blog. Hubs' sister is also pregnant with her first and she's due a week before me. I'm not sure why I haven't brought it up before, I've started to but it never managed to come out. Maybe because I'm bitter it only took her a few months? After thinking about it I think maybe I just needed a place where it's about me and my pregnancy since in real life I have to share. I know it's selfish but it's my blog! : ) Anyway, we kept hearing about how big she is (her dad said she better hope she has a 25 lb baby) but haven't had a chance to see her yet since she lives across the country. We didn't know she was coming but she came up to DC on Saturday night to go to a friend's bbq. This is going sound totally judgemental but - Wow, she's huge! She really does look like she's about ready to pop already and she has three months to go. I'm not comparing her to me since I know I'm abnormally small for this far along but she's way bigger than my SIL was with twins at 30 weeks. Apparently she put on 20+ pounds in the 1T and hasn't really slowed down since. Needless to say she's miserable and totally done being pregnant (though apparently she's had a pretty easy pg aside from the pains attributed to the weight gain) and honestly I didn't really want to hear that since I'm doing my best to enjoy every moment. Yes, again I know I'm being bitchy but that's how I feel. I'm hormonal and I'm venting so don't judge me too harshly.
I'm feeling cranky (mostly with myself) now so I'm going to save the update from NYC for another time since it was a lot of fun and I want to be in a better frame of mind when I write about it.
i know girls who have gained 80lbs during pregnancy, since I've never been pregnant I don't understand how you can gain EIGHTY POUNDS in 9 months. I guess it's just an excuse to eat. and you know this is your blog, you don't have to talk about anyone else that's pregnant.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad that you had a fun time and enjoyed being with your two nieces! Please do not feel bad for not talking about your SIL's pregnancy and for mentioning the things you mentioned in todays post. It is COMPLETELY understandable after all you have been through to get to where you are today (BTW, I can not believe you are 25 weeks. WOW!)
ReplyDeleteI too can not believe gaining 20 pounds in the 1T. I have only gained a little over 20 pounds in 39 weeks and am completely uncomfortable at the moment....
I look forward to hearing about NYC!! I miss NYC!!
At 28 weeks I'd only gained 11 lbs! (Not sure how much I've gained now though...) It's your blog and you can say what you want. :-)
ReplyDeleteMy neighbor looks 50 weeks pregnant and she's due only 3 days ahead of me. So I can completely relate...
You are definitely allowed to say whatever you want on here!!! Bitch away! :)
ReplyDeleteI totally understand what you mean about not really equating getting pregnant and being pregnant to a baby. I haven't been that far along, but I remember going to my first regular OB appointment, and they started asking me things like if I was going to save the cord blood. Huh? What do you mean? I don't know anything about actually giving birth and having a baby! Weird experience, to say the least.
You can say whatever you want to here!!! :) We'll all root along with you.
ReplyDeleteIt is funny that I am so focused on "pregnant" that sometimes I completely forget that a baby comes out at the other end...