Monday, October 18, 2010

Last Trip

Now it's time for me to update on the second half of my trip from last week which will most likely be my last trip before the new arrival.  Since we were already going to be on the East Coast for the weekend Hubs thought it would be nice for me to spend a couple of nights in NYC as well.  (For those of you who don't know, Hubs works in NYC during the week and has an apartment there so we're all set for a place to stay.) 

We flew up from DC on Sunday morning early enough so that we could watch the football game.  Our original thought was that we'd go to a bar or something and watch but the game ended up being on TV so we just watched from his apartment and ordered some fantastic NY pizza.  Mmmm, so good.  I just worked from the apartment on Monday and Tuesday days so I didn't wander around as much as I should have but he has an awesome view of the Empire State Building from his apartment so I just stared out the window quite a bit.

For dinner Monday we went to an Italian restaurant close to the apartment that had been recommended by one of his co-workers.  Overall I was less than impressed, the mussels were horrible and the service left a lot to be expected.  At least the pasta was good though and that's what I'd wanted to eat so it wasn't horrible but I don't think there will be a return visit.

Fortunately dinner on Tuesday night completely redeemed our dining experiences in the city.  Hubs works down in the Financial District so he wanted to go to one of the steakhouses down there.  I took the train down and met him at his office then we walked around for a while before our reservation, including walking by the New York Stock Exchange building - which is gorgeous!  We went to dinner at Harry's Steakhouse and everything we had there was so good.  The only disappointment was that they didn't have any creamed spinach which is one of my steakhouse favorites.  My filet was perfectly medium-rare and the potatoes were just how I like them (probably as much butter and cream as whipped potato...).  It's nice not to even think about calories!  We had lots of leftovers so Hubs got a nice dinner on Wednesday night too!  : )   Can you tell that I'm a bit food obsessed?  But that's always and not pg related....

After dinner that night we met some of Hubby's co-workers for a drink (the bartender made me some sort of fancy non-alcoholic drink).  It was really nice to meet some of the people Hubs spends more time with than me most weeks.  It's obvious they all respect him and also that he's excited about the baby because they all knew I was pregnant and asked about it.  It was the most 'normal' pregnancy experience I've probably had because aside from one guy Hubs is close to and is counseling through his own IF issues, no one knows anything other than we're having a little one. 

Also, in pregnancy news, I'm down to double digits until the due date.  That's right, 99 days to go.  We've got to get moving on well, pretty much everything!  How has it gone so fast when our whole IF ordeal dragged on for what seemed like an eternity???

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful trip! Under 100 days - that's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great trip! I don't know how you guys do it with DH gone so much. That would be tough to get used to. Glad you got a glimpse of his life up there!

    Seriously, 99 days? That's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy you had a nice time in the city! It's fantastic that you had a "normal" preggo experience and got to meet hubs co-workers. Woo-hoo for double digit days...it's amazing how fast pregnancy goes compared to the TTC journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your trip sounds great! I'm glad you had such a nice time. I hear ya on the food thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how great getting to stare out the window and see the empire state building. i have every intention of seeing it someday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It sounds like you had a lot of fun! I hope you enjoyed your time in DC :) We've been having great weather here! You're getting down to the wire on you EDD! SO exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah for double digits!
    I have always wanted to go to NYC. It sounds wonderful. :-)

    ReplyDelete