Tuesday, October 5, 2010

24 Week Update

How far along?: 24w

Weight?:  I gained half a pound from my last appointment which leaves me still down 2.5 lbs....  I'm more worried about it than the doc or nurse though.

Maternity Clothes?: I can still wear some of my regular loose, yoga-type pants and longer tees but had to buy a couple pairs of maternity jeans for going out in public.

Stretch Marks?: Not yet but I'm still not very big.

Sleep?: It's been better lately but I still have some back pain and now my hips start to hurt if I sleep on one side too long.

Best Moment of the Week?:  Still to come, we're heading to DC to meet our new nieces this weekend!

Movement?:  Yes, I'm definitely feeling her.

Food Cravings?:  I've loved apples for the past couple of months and I'm thrilled it's finally Honeycrisp Apple season - mmm!!  Don't want you to think I'm all health crazy so I'll admit I love Hubby's grilled cheeseburgers too!

Gender?: She's still a girl. : )

What I Miss?:  I'm starting to miss sushi....

What I'm Looking Forward To: Hubby being able to feel her kick.

Weekly Wisdom: I don't seem to be all that wise at the moment....

Milestones:  We've reached the technical point of viability, though she needs to stay right where she is and not test that theory.

How's Daddy?: He's definitely helpful when he's home, wish that was more than just the weekends though!

Emotions: I'm a bit shorter tempered lately and have cried a couple of times but not as bad as I thought I might be. : )

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going great! :) When did you first feel movement? I'm exactly 19 weeks & getting worried that I don't feel that much yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doin great mama!!! So happy you are feeling her move and everything, so fun =) For that hip pain...have you tried sleeping with a pillow between your knees? It really helped me. Don't worry about the weight, it'll come when it needs to. Everyone's body grows at a different pace and time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like everything is right on track! Have fun in DC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can eat fake sushi. some sushi places around here even have a maternity menu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Veggie sushi is definitely a good alternative. Of course, that's coming from a vegetarian...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like everything is smooth sailing! HoneyCrisp apples sound delish, and I'm not even an apple fan :) but I do love fall foods!

    ReplyDelete