At my OB visit today we set things in motion to get to meet our little one. Their practice does not allow AMA moms to go to/past 40 weeks due to potential health risks so we set our induction date while I was there. I'm going in to the hospital next Wednesday night to begin cervical ripening (using Cervidil) and they'll start the induction (Pitocin) early Thursday morning. So unless I go into labor between now and then our baby's birthday will be one week from today on January 20th.
Honestly I'm really hoping she decides to show on her own because induction is the one thing I didn't want to have to do but since my cervix is soft but not at all dialated yet it doesn't look like I'll be able to avoid it. It is good to have a plan in place though, at least this way we'll know when to schedule 'camp' for the dogs and let our family know when we'll be in the hospital. Don't know if that's going to outweigh the pain I've heard accompanies induction but it is what it is.
I'm welcoming any and all advice for things I need to take care of in the next week, helpful tips for labor, first week home, etc!
How exciting to have a plan! I hope baby shows up on her own so you can avoid the whole induction process (which is my hope for myself, too), but if not, I wish you a safe and easy delivery! Can't wait to read updates from you!
ReplyDeleteGirl, your big day is almost here! I am soooo very excited for you!
ReplyDeleteJanuary 20 is a beautiful date;)
Sending you lots of labor vibes!!! I'm so excited for you!!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is so exciting! Now you need to do all those old wives tales - walk a lot, eat spicy foods, maybe a little sex? So happy that you're almost there!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting!!! No tips for labor since I had a c-section. But my best tips for what you can do to make coming home easier are:
ReplyDelete- Set up everything possible before you leave for the hospital, including putting diapers, diaper cream, wipes, etc. out on a changing station on the main floor of your house. If the nursery is up or down stairs you may not feel like doing that right away.
- If you can make a few large meals you can freeze. With day and night all flipped around it's nice to be able to just zap something in the micro at first.
- Prepare your family and friends that you may or may not want visitors right away and you'll be sure to let them know as soon as you do what you feel like.
- We made an electronic birth anoucement ahead of time that just needed a time, weight, length, etc. so that we could get the word out on the day she was born. We posted it on facebook and on the boards and my blog. It was nice to shout from the roof tops on her actual b-day =)
- If anyone is asking what they can do say bring us food when we get home. It's amazing how helpful that is and friends/family are more than happy to do it.
I'm so excited for your little ones arrival!!!
how exciting, i'm so excited. your pregnancy sure went by fast. well, at least for me!!
ReplyDeleteYou are so close, now you can have a definite countdown--after January 20th you WILL HAVE MET YOUR BABY!! YAY!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you to meet your little girl! I hope you don't have to do induction, but if you do I wish you an easy time with lots of great pain meds :) thinking of you & sending lots of hugs & good wishes your way!!!
ReplyDeleteblog award for you on my blog!
ReplyDeleteHi mel! I tried to post yesterday and it would not let me. I wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and I can not wait to "meet" your little girl! Looking forward to hearing more!
ReplyDeleteHoping everything is going ok...thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI hope everything went wel Mel, thinking of you :)
ReplyDelete