Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Long Overdue Updates

Sorry I've been so absent my friends, we've had a lot going on here so I'll do my best to catch you all up.

Things with the little one are great, she's growing like a weed and soon we won't be able to call her the little one anymore. At her 9 month appointment she was 18.5 lbs but I'm guessing she's added a few more since then. She was up to the 50th percentile in weight (up from around 5th percentile) and was 75th in height. I bought tons of 6-12 month clothes thinking she'd be in them for ages as she's been so slow to grow out of things so far but of course she is already outgrowing them and I've already had to buy some 12-18 month stuff. Hardly a hardship to have to buy her more cute clothes but definitely a surprise given her albeit short history.

As I'm sure you all have guessed, she's a great eater and so far (knocking in wood) she will eat anything we give her. We've started giving her some of what we eat and she has yet to turn anything down. She especially seems to love meat, sorry to all of my vegetarian friends but I guess she's a true Midwestern girl.... On thanksgiving we gave her mashed potatoes first and she didn't care one way or the other about them but once she discovered that turkey she was thrilled.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, we had the whole family to our house which might seems daunting since it was over 20 people but it was actually great because we got to see everyone and more importantly they got to see Peanut, and we didn't have to go all over to do it. The weather was spectacular, sunny and in the 60s so people actually sat out on the deck and enjoyed some fresh air after dinner. Lils was pretty good about letting people hold her after she warmed up to them. She's going through a bit of a separation anxiety phase so it took a bit. She loves Hubby's uncle Bob though and happily stayed with him while she warmed up to everyone else. She really fought her afternoon nap (happily though) so she didn't crash out until after four then slept until Hubs got her up around 6:30 so it was a long night for mom and dad but worth it because she had such a great time.

Now for some pictures:

My Halloween Monkey


Rah Mizzou!

Happy Turkey Day!!

Not as great of an update on me so I'll try to keep it short. We, very surprisingly, found out we were pregnant in October. As shocked as we were, we were absolutely thrilled because we never expected to be able to give Peanut a sibling. My beta levels were perfect so we allowed ourselves to think this was really going to happen. We went in for our first u/s at almost 8 weeks and found out the baby was measuring around 6 weeks 2 days. They gave us the old since you only had one AF we can't know for sure how far along you are so we will do another u/s in a week and should see a heartbeat then. But after tracking everything my body did for those years of TTC I knew exactly how far along I should be. Needless to say, things were the same at the next u/s so she gave me some meds to help me m/c. Unfortunately those did nothing but give me tons of side effects so I ended up having to have a D.&.C. in mid November. The hardest part is that we had come to terms with just having our sweet girl but now the thought of her as a big sis is in our heads and it breaks my heart that we lost her sibling. Still this m/c, while still unbelievably heart breaking, wasn't quite as bad as the first since at least we have our precious girl to focus on.

Sorry to end on such a depressing note but I needed to get it out. Thanks to all who stuck around during my long absence, hope you understand why now....

4 comments:

  1. Im so so sorry. Thimking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mel, I'm so sorry about your loss {{{HUGS}}} I hate that you had to go through that...again.

    It sounds like your little (or not so much) peanut is doing fantastic. That picture of her in the monkey costume is just too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Mel. I'm so, so sorry about your loss. There really are no words. Sending lots of love down your way. And, it doesn't have far to go, so it will be full strength when it gets there.

    So glad your little Peanut is doing so well.

    Many ((hugs)).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Mel, I feel sick inside for you. I am so, so sorry for your loss. I wish there were something I could say or do. ((hugs))

    I'm glad Peanut is doing so well. She is beyond adorable in that monkey costume.

    ReplyDelete