So sorry I've been absent for so long my friends. We have had a lot of things happening in the family, not all of it good but I'm not getting into anything but the good stuff today. I'm guessing you might be wondering what's going on with our little Peanut more than anything, so here are the details....
She started walking without hesitation about six weeks ago and hasn't stopped since. She's all over the place so I'm glad we had already baby proofed the room where she spends most of her time, including having baby gates. We've had that done since she started crawling spit was nice not to have to hurry once she became truly mobile. She loves to run up to us and hand us her toys or to take off and chase after the dog.
She also eats like a champ. Among her favorites are banana, cheese, avocado and peas. Lucky for us though, she'll eat pretty much anything. She seems to be a bit off chicken at the moment thou. She'll still eat it but it's not the first thing on her tray to go. We've started working with the spoon but not much makes it in her mouth when she's in charge. Besides, her hands are much faster! :)
Books are a huge favorite. We started reading to her from the time she was born so I think that makes a difference. She brings us book after book for us to read with her. She loves to turn the pages herself and if there are flaps with things hiding behind them, so much the better!
She's still on two naps a day, usually between an hour and an hour and a half. She is a bit of a night owl though. Since her afternoon nap usually goes until 5 pm, she doesn't go to bed until around 8:30. Once she's down she doesn't usually get up until after 7:30 so that's great to me. At first when we started putting her down without falling asleep on us, she'd lay in her crib and just talk for 30-45 minutes. Not mad, just chit chatting with herself - or maybe with her Pooh. Now she's pretty quiet and just conks right out, like she's realized that it's sleepy time when she's in her crib. How lucky am I?
We had our 15 month appointment yesterday and weighed in at almost 25 pounds, which is the 75th percentile. She's also in the 75-90th percentile in height and head. Overall, she's not the teeny tiny peanut she used to be. Much like Mommy and Daddy, she loves to eat and it's showing. :)
Thanks for hanging in there through my whole brag session, I know it was probably torture but hopefully you'll give me a breaks since it's been so long.... She's just the best thing that's ever happened to me and I feel so very lucky that I get to be her mommy. Everything we've been through really makes me appreciate every day with her!!
Now, on to a couple of pictures from Easter. Can you believe how grown up she's getting???
It is so great to hear an update! I am so glad that your little girl is doing so well!
ReplyDeleteSorry you've had some not so good stuff going on. At least your little girl is off an running =) She is adorable and I love her Easter dress. Sounds like she's doing great!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear she is doing so well! We dropped to one nap a couple of months back and it made things much easier...easier to get things done and their one nap is usually 2-3 hours and that solid block is nice too. Thanks for sharing pics!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, she's so cute! So glad to hear everything's going so well with her. And sounds like she sleeps like a champ!!! Very lucky!
ReplyDelete