Monday, June 27, 2011

Sorry I'm an Insensitve Boob!

Pun intended.

So the first thing I have to say to that I'm sorry I was so insensitive in my last post, saying that I hope I don't have to switch to formula.  Not so much sorry to formula users because hopefully I made it clear that I don't think there's anything wrong with formula, I was just hoping to continue to do breastmilk exclusively.  I really want to apologize to those who are still waiting on their BFPs or waiting to be matched with or to be able to bring home their babies because let's face it - my 'issue' is tiny and stupid compared to all of those things!  It was mostly just a matter of pride for me and it was insensitive of me to get worked up over something so minor! 

For the record our little peanut jumped 1 lb, 2 oz over three weeks (to 11 lbs, 11.5 oz at a week shy of 5 months) so the pedi was pretty happy with that.  They wanted me to give her a supplemental bottle after pretty much every meal now, was doing every other meal, to increase her growth even more but said we seem to be doing fine on just breastmilk.  The irony of that is that we still ended up needing to supplement when I went out of town for a day and a half the next week.  I was able to pump enough to do at least a 50/50 mixture breastmilk and formula in all her bottles while I was gone.  I'm still adding some formula to her larger going to bed supplemental bottle because I just can't keep up with nursing her all day PLUS pumping 10-14 ounces for her bottle and I have no problem with that....  My boobs just can't spend any more time attached to things!  :)

I'm really looking forward to her 6 month visit (aside from the shots!) because the pedi will let us start 'solid' foods then.  Our pedi starts a lot later than most seem to, they like babies to be 14 (or 16, I can't seem to remember) pounds or 6 months before they start and since our peanut is so tiny looks like we'll be waiting another few weeks. 

Overall I can't complain though, she's a GREAT baby and I'm so very lucky!  She's pretty even tempered and really only fusses if she's hungry or tired and even then it's usually minimal fussing.  Most nights she's pretty easy to get to sleep, just wants some cuddling for a bit until she dozes off then she goes to her crib.  She's not perfect though, we do have occasional meltdowns and some nights where she would much rather stay up and hang out with us instead of going to bed.  She doesn't always dig her new, earlier bedtime.  There are some stories that her mommy was the same way....  :)  She still loves to watch baseball, either on TV or at the stadium. She's also started interacting more with her Jumparoo, probably because both of her feet (okay toes) finally touch the ground.

Ok, enough bragging on the little miss and on to the photos:

It's tough to wake up!

Always hamming it for the camera.

Best friend, Sophie the Giraffe

3 comments:

  1. yay for some weight gain :) I don't understand your pedi's logic though, because starting solids really has more to do with sitting up & some other things & nothing at all to do with weight. I'd think it would actually bulk up her weight??

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beyond adorable! :) And, don't worry, I didn't think you were being insensitive.

    Glad to hear her weight is moving along and she's getting close to solids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she's so very cute!!! So glad to hear she's growing so well - this is great!!! How fun that will be to get her started on solids!

    ReplyDelete