Thursday, May 5, 2011

15 Weeks - and back online...

I'm so sorry I've been so absent, not just in posting (because let's face it - I'm not that interesting so I doubt you miss me) but especially in reading and commenting on your blogs!  Hopefully you'll forgive me as I catch up with you.

My excuse is that I started back to work on April 18th so prior to that I was working on childcare (I'll post on that later) and since then I've been trying to catch up at work.  It's crazy how time gets away from me now, but of course it's all worth it.
 
I also had my first work trip out of town last week.  Fortunately Hubs was able to stay in town so I could feel a bit less guilty - but only a bit....  The first night away was so hard for me, it just broke my heart to not be able to do the bedtime routine with my girl.  Daddy did a great job with her though.  I had barely enough breastmilk frozen to make it through until I got home and I ended up having to nurse her when I got home at 3 am but we did make it. 

We're still exclusively on breastmilk and I'm thrilled that we've made it so far.  She has no problem taking milk from a bottle then switching back to the breast, probably because of the nipple shield.

Baby girl is 15 weeks old today, again I can't believe how quickly time is flying.  I'm so not ready for her to be so grown up, though she's still a tiny little thing.  She was at 9 lbs, 7 oz at her 3 month checkup.  She's started nursing longer lately so hopefully she'll be up more for her 4 month appointment.  She's just the happiest baby though and such a great sleeper that I can't believe how lucky I am.  She's usually asleep for the night around 10:30 or so and up for breakfast between 5 and 6 am.  She likes to try to sit up on her own now but isn't all that successful yet without at least a tiny bit of steadying from us.  She also loves to push herself up to standing.  She's got a couple of favorite toys including a taggies block (with a 'mirror' on it) and Sophie the Giraffe, both are great to chew on in her eyes.  No tooth buds yet and she hasn't rolled over but she might be getting close on that given how she flails during tummy time - which is not her favorite thing....  :) 

Of course I can't sign off without a few pics of our little cutie!



9 comments:

  1. Look at that fabulous hair - she's so very cute! And we definitely missed you!!! So glad to hear everything's going so well. Keep the pics coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK her hair is to DIE FOR! I think you should gel it into a faux-hawk :)
    Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO adorable!!!

    And, you are certainly not boring -- I've been thinking about you and wondering where you were!! Glad things are going well!

    I know that trip out of town must have been so hard! But, I'm glad that it all worked out.

    (And, thanks for the comment on my post from yesterday. It felt like a giant hug and I needed that.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've missed you! Happy to see this update from you and her pictures are adorable =) I know your trip must have been really hard. Good for you for making it through. It's a bridge I haven't crossed yet but I know the time will come. Good for you for making it this far on breastmilk. For me the first month was the hardest and it got pretty easy around 3-4 months. Look forward to hearing more from you soon =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's sooo adorable!!! I actually have the same duckie outfit :) our little girls are probably around the same size. Ariana is 11 weeks & about 9 lbs. It's good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little girl is beautiful! Aaron too had a similar if not the same duckie outfit as well = ) It is great to hear an update and I am glad everything is so well. I traveled for the 1st time for work in March - it was not easy but my dh did a great job as well. Hope you do not have to travel too often! I look forward to hearing more updates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She has the BEST hair. She's so adorable. I'm sure your trip was hard but it sounds like you made it through ok. And it's great that you were able to make it home to feed her. Keep the pictures coming...she's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's adorable!! I love her hair and her little face is so cute! I can't believe how tiny she is. Or more like, I can't believe how big Grace is--my baby's a brute!

    Glad your survived your out of town trip. I'm still trying get through being away from Grace all day while I'm at work. :(

    WTG on still feeding her breastmilk exclusively! We're doing the same thing and it's still going well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SHe is beautiful and I LOVE her hair! Glad to hear everything went well on your first trip away. xxoo

    ReplyDelete