She's still a tiny little thing, she only put on a pound over the last month which put her at 8 lbs, 7 ozs today. She also grew an inch. The ped's offices doesn't seem too worried about her slow growth. The only thing they're having us do differently is having her come in sometime between 2-4 weeks to get her weight checked again to make sure she's not losing weight instead of waiting until her next appointment at four months. I'm going to see if I can sneak in another nursing session at least once a day to see if that helps but she's eating well and getting the right number of wet and dirty diapers so I'm trying not to stress about it too much. Other than that she's meeting all of her milestones. In fact she's a couple of weeks ahead according to the nurse.
Peanut had a big weekend and got to see all her grandparents. My family came over on Thursday for our traditional St. Pat's/Mom's birthday dinner of corned beef and cabbage. On Friday Hub's dad & step-mom had a small family gathering and our girl was quite the hit! On Sunday Hub's mom & step-dad came over to drop off Hub's birthday card and some cake and of course to see the grandbaby. She would probably have been wiped out today even without the shots! My parents are coming up this weekend so we can go out Saturday night for Hub's birthday (which is Thursday). I might not need more family time for the next month! : )
Guess that's it for now, I'll wrap up with a few pictures of our girl....
Too cute!! Looks like she is having so much fun!! I have wanted to email you but can not figure out how to do so. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteSo cute!! I love that one with her tongue out! The look in her eyes in excellent!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad she weathered the shots well. Poor baby.
It does sound like you're close to being familied out!
Great to see the update! Thanks for being so supportive of me this month. :)
Awww, she's adorable! Try not to worry about growth, they have big spurts early on. At least she gets to wear her newborn stuff a little longer =) Taking them in for shots is so hard, you're a rock for going without hubs. Mine goes and is the holder during shots. I am the designated hide in the corner parent *lol* Have fun showing her off at all the family gatherings!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie! I love the first one where she's posing all sassy-like!
ReplyDeleteGlad everything is going well. Your little girl is adorably tiny. She's probably just growing at her own rate. Like you said, as long as her input/output is appropriate, it shouldn't be anything to worry about.
It definitely sounds like you are getting all familied out! At least she knows there are lots and lots of people who love her!
Oh look at her - she's absolutely adorable! I love her pics!!!
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are fabulous through and through--what a little cutie pie!
ReplyDeleteoh my god, she's so cute.
ReplyDeletei love the first one, she's all this is my thinking pose.