Thursday, September 16, 2010

Level II Ultrasound Update

Hubs and I went in for our level II u/s on Tuesday morning and much to our delight, things look really good.  We had the same tech we had for our NT scan and I still really liked him.  He was great about explaining what he was looking at and letting us know that it looked like it should. 

He showed us the hemispheres of the brain and the vessels there, he looked at all four chambers of the heart along with the aorta.  He also checked the bladder, the stomach and other organs.  Everything looked just as it should!  We got to see the hands and feet too, 10 fingers and 10 toes!  One of these days I'll actually post a photo of the little one. 

We also confirmed that we are indeed expecting a little girl!  We saw the tell-tale three little lines quite distinctly.  We're no where near deciding on a name but we still have plenty of time for that so I'm not worried about it just yet.  We called Hubby's mom on the way home to tell her that everything looks great and that she should get ready for a granddaughter.  I'll probably call my parents this week to let them know as well....  Mom has already decided it's a girl while Dad thinks it's a boy so Mom will not only be thrilled that it's a girl but also that she's right.  : ) 

They calculated her weight at 15 ounces which seems to be around the larger side of 'normal' for her age according to my books/websites.  I was so relieved to hear this because I was a bit worried that she was going to be really small since I haven't gained any weight and I'm not showing all that much.  I should have known she'd take after Daddy, his family's genes are STRONG!  I'm kind of hoping her head is more like mine than Hubby's, or at least somewhere in between.  Extra large noggins run in his family - ouch!
The only thing that disappointed me (and yes it's a very small thing) is that they didn't switch over to the 3d/4d ultrasound.  I was hoping to get a different view of the little one.  But I'll take a healthy baby over a different view any day. 

I think that's it from the pregnancy front, I promise a non-pregnancy update very soon!  Thanks so much for all of your support, I do know how difficult it can be to read updates.... 

8 comments:

  1. Woohoo for the great u/s and the definite girl! :) Can't wait to see a picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I'm so glad your u/s went well! And congrats on your little girl! That's so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, great news!! So happy that everything looks healthy and congrats of Team Pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a fantastic level II :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY. so glad your U/S went well. yay for little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic news!!! So happy everything looks good with your little girl =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic news! Congrats on a healthy little girl growing in there!

    ReplyDelete