Tuesday, August 9, 2011

6 Months Old!

Okay so really by this point she's 6 and a half months but I'm a slacker so take it with a grain of salt.  I'm having such a hard time believing that my little girl is already half way through her first year.  I know every parent says it but it's just going so fast, I want time to move more slowly so I can spend more of it with my baby girl while she's still a baby!

She did very well at her six month checkup, rallied quickly after her shots.  Her weight is up to the 25th percentile at 14 lbs 7.5 oz so we're very happy with that!!  She's still a tiny peanut but at least she's back on the growth chart....  : )  We're still nursing and supplementing with 3 oz bottles between (usually 2 oz bm and 1 oz of formula) and we do an 8 ounce bottle before bedtime to tide us over.  Since her checkup we were able to add solid foods and let me tell you - she's a fan!!  She looks like a baby bird with her mouth wide open and leaning forward to get the spoon into her mouth sooner.  (She was a bit hesitant the first time though and it was pretty funny, I'll include the pic at the bottom.)  So far she's had rice cereal and sweet potatoes, love the cereal and seems to be warming up to the sweet potatoes.  I think we're going to try either roasted butternut squash or sweet peas next, any thoughts there?  We're doing the Sprout organic pouches for now, maybe once I figure out what she likes best I'll make my own.... Ha!

The birthday party with her cousins was so much fun, despite all the babies having to take naps throughout.  She had a bit of a meltdown during 'formal' picture time (first with the full family then again with hubs and me) but the guy got some great candid shots of her that I just love!  She was just fascinated with her cousins.  I think I need to start thinking about arranging some play dates since she seems to like other babies so much.

She's sitting up on her own like a champ and loves to be surrounded with lots of different toys so she can pick which one she wants at any given time.  She's not crawling or anything yet but will wiggle up you when she's laying on us if she wants to be up higher.  We've started doing a lot more floor time to see if she wants to starting moving but we're in NO hurry for that!  The longer we can go without her being mobile the easier it is on us that's for sure....  : )

Work has been a challenge, my new (as of this year) boss is pretty tough and I've had to travel more than I'd like but it is what it is.  Fortunately so far we've been able to make sure Hubs is home when I'm gone and our family has pitched in when we're flying in/out at the same time.  Hubby's schedule is going to be really crazy for the rest of the month and starting next week he'll only be home for 3-4 days until September.  Looks like it will be all estrogen all the time in our house for a while!

Guess that's it for now.  Sorry we're not too exciting but I'm good with steady as she goes!  Here are a few pics of our little peanut for you to enjoy.



7 comments:

  1. I always wanted to make my own baby food but there's no way at this point, I'm just too busy keeping up with the two of them. And they eat TONS! My babies love the butternut squash and all the strange little combos (they're on stage 2 foods) like "brown rice banana plum" so they're pretty easy to feed. But they do like sweet peas quite a bit! (me too!).

    She's super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. That eating picture is hilarious.

    So glad to see this post! It's always good to hear how y'all are doing. I can't believe it's been 6 months already!

    She's such a cutie!! And, sounds like she's doing great. I hope your and your hubs' schedules ease up soon. The traveling sounds so frustrating to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, cute little girl! it's really amazing to read about all her progress! Time is just flying:) 6 months already!

    I love those beautiful eyes of her. Such a pretty little baby girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to hear your little lady is growing great!!! I know every parent says time flies but for some reason it takes on a whole new meaning when it's your own little one. If I find the pause button I'll be sure to let you know ;-) Play dates become a lot more fun once they sit up on their own so I'd say go for it. Babies LOVE other babies. Squash, peas, green beans, pumpkin, carrots, bananas, pears, etc. are all great first foods. I totally thought I'd make my own but never did...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her eyes are just GORGEOUS! Love the pics! And how exciting - real food! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww!!! love the pics! I use sprout organics & plum baby fruits. I can't get my LO to eat peas, but she loves the sweet potatoes & squash. She also likes gerber organic carrots. I can't believe it's 6 months already too!

    ReplyDelete